Introductions!

Go down

Introductions!

Post  Siren on Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:52 am

Hello! I wanted to start a thread where we all get to know each other. Not just that we're in the skinning department, what we want to skin, and what we've skinned in the past (please include these), but a bit about our personality and what we do in general. Making connections between everybody should make us all be able to communicate and work together better. Tell as much or as little as you like about things not related to the project, but please have the project-related things on top.

I'm WhisperingSiren (or Aurora_Swan if you catch me on the server some day... the admin for my normal one is kinda behind), and I'm going to be heading you all up in the skinning dept, as I've said before. I probably won't be skinning myself, but for something like what I like to do:

I live in the US, in the eastern time zone.

I've just finished my junior year in undergrad in computer information systems (so IT management), concentration in information security. I also like programming, however I don't know java so I don't do anything related to minecraft.

I love cats, and have a furball called Indie that I love and drives me nuts at times (he's just getting out of a very violent kittenhood, where he was more a ball of claws and teeth than fur). He was named for Indiana Jones (he jumped across the room onto somebody's leg and then scaled it while they were standing), Indy 500 (he'll blaze in circles for no apparent reason around the room) and Indecision (because we couldn't at first figure a name for a month or so, and he has this way of seeming to forget what he was doing, or changing his mind in a flash- like coming over to love on you, rub against your hand and then hiss). cat

My boyfriend and I both play minecraft, although since irl he's a computer engineer, he often doesn't get much time to do so. I've made random pixel art statues, a few mob killing machines, and a few larger structures. I made an art studio for somebody's town on my server, and its way of getting up floors is either a spiral staircase that I made a tree into (or made a tree out of the staircase... I had to build the tree, including oping in the leaf squares), or the waterfall/water elevator that runs down the middle of it. I like making things very few if any have made before. It's more fun that way Wink

My game names have evolved over time, WhisperingSiren is from high school, evolving from a lot of stuff that was going on at the time, and my current one, Aurora_Swan, is a name derived from the northern lights (aurora borealis) and the fact that I may soon be engaged to a Swanson I love you

But that's enough about me. What about all of you?
Siren

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Introductions!

Post  BatIgor on Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:04 am

I am Igor.

I do VFX, building and a little bit of skinning.

Bye.
BatIgor

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/BatIgorIsOne

Back to top Go down

skins

Post  capslock on Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:04 pm

Hi, I make skins. For credentials you can check out at my planetminecraft.com/member/pens_and_pencils account.
It's a different name because you can only have 8 characters here apparently, anyway I look forward to working on this.

Also, are you planning on different facial expressions for the characters?

capslock

Back to top Go down

Post  BatIgor on Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:06 pm

capslock wrote:Also, are you planning on different facial expressions for the characters?

Yes, we do. Won't look good if we have no expressions whatsoever in our machinima.
BatIgor

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/BatIgorIsOne

Back to top Go down

Post  Styx on Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:42 pm

If you sign up to the forum, I think you should be allowed more characters in the username, not sure though.

If you look at the skinning thread for Don there are several different expressions for the character. We are going to use these in the film in different parts.

As Siren said above, she is doing the organisation for the skinning department so it might be best to speak to her about the expressions. There is also a clip on the forum here: http://mc28wk.forumotion.com/t29-youtube-link-to-the-clip-we-are-doing
where you can see the section of video we are going to be doing, you should be able to see the expressions there.
Styx
Admin

View user profile http://mc28wk.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

capslock now p&p

Post  p&p on Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:42 am

I forgot my pw, so I made a new account. I thought I should metion it.

p&p

Back to top Go down

Post  DaBawsh on Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:52 am

My name is DaBawsh (duh) and frankly, I prefer big projects. Making tiny wooden houses get boring, I prefer redstone circuits that blow your mind, cities that are too big to see in 1 go, and
Projects like this. I hope it all turns out amazingly and this video is spread more than Minecraft itself Very Happy
DaBawsh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Siren on Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:13 am

so what kind of skinning do you do dabawsh, or are you here more for moral support lols
Siren

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  O_N_I_A_C on Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:23 am

I totally missed this thread, I apologise. I am quite good with skins and suprised myself when I managed to make my first skin. (My current in use skin) I have already made the "Other Lady" and Alice skins, some expressions for Other Lady but not any for Alice right now. I live in the UK, England to be precise, I am young and attend school so I can be tired and stressed at times. Not much to say really but I thought I would post. lol!
O_N_I_A_C

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DaBawsh on Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:51 am

so what kind of skinning do you do dabawsh, or are you here more for moral support lols

To be honest, i'm useless with a computer. I managed to make my skin and get it working after the like...5th time.
I'm here to be in the film really, just another actor, which I saw Styx asking for. And I hope this goes off amazingly with expressions and computer graphic-y stuff...

If you want I could also give moral support Razz
DaBawsh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Siren on Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:30 am

lols no problem... I was just confused with the postings on this thread Wink
Siren

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content