Minecraft 28 Weeks Later
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Skinning Organisation

3 posters

Go down

Skinning Organisation Empty Skinning Organisation

Post  Styx Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:13 pm

There are 7 characters that we need to skin as well as the zombie horde.

The individual characters are listed below with a link to their separate threads.

We also need to do the zombies.

Last edited by Styx on Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Styx
Styx
Admin

https://mc28wk.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Skinning Organisation Empty Hello everybody!

Post  Siren Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:01 pm

Hello everyone, I'm the one organizing everybody in this section Wink Feel free to contact me at whispering.siren@gmail.com with any questions!

So here's how I'm seeing this going:
Everybody does one (or apparently 11 lol) skin, and everybody comes together and chooses which one to base the art style of the whole area after. We want to make it look like one person did all of it, so we have to come together for this! It'll be a decision for everybody to make together by vote, no voting for yourself, just to make it less likely to stalemate Wink Trying to persuade others to vote for yours is perfectly fine. Also, this does not mean that the skins that are not selected would have to be completely redone. It will probably only need a little coloration touch-up, and that's all.

After that, there will probably be one person for the female main characters, one for the male, a person for the zombie horde and another for the zombie remakes of all of the mains that go that way. Obviously there can be help with the leads, esp. the little boy that will be a special challenge- how do you make somebody *appear* shorter and a child while still *being* adult sized?

Every week or so (although I don't expect to have this go *too* long) we'll all take stock of where we all are, if any of us are deviating from the main art style too much, and how far we have left to go. I hope to get all of this done in 3 weeks, but like the main thread said, we're not looking at it as a deadline, we're looking at a goal perhaps, but one where if we need more time to make higher quality products, we're free to. No pressure! Let's all have fun as we do this!
Siren
Siren

Back to top Go down

Skinning Organisation Empty Re: Skinning Organisation

Post  BatIgor Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:45 pm

So, here is a list of skins that we need to do or have done so far:

Don (Skin) (Multiple expressions)
Alice (Skin) (Multiple expressions)
Jacob (Skin) (Multiple expressions)
Other Lady (Skin) (Multiple expressions)
The Boy (Skin) (Multiple expressions)
Old Folk 1 (Skin) (Multiple expressions)
Old Folk 2 (Skin) (Multiple expressions)
Zombies (12 skins) (Skin)

Last edited by BatIgor on Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:12 am; edited 1 time in total
BatIgor
BatIgor

https://www.youtube.com/user/BatIgorIsOne

Back to top Go down

Post  Siren Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:12 am

We don't need multiple expressions on generic zombies.

Also there are 20 something zombies in that end scene.

We don't have the skins quite "finished" for all of those yet either, as we need to make them more uniform.

Please weigh in on the discussion that's addressing art style unification.
Siren
Siren

Back to top Go down

Post  BatIgor Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:14 am

20 zombies, right, but we have a 15 slot server.

It's not up to me to decide when the skins are ready by the way. I'm not the main artist or whatever.
BatIgor
BatIgor

Back to top Go down

Post  Siren Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:26 am

we're not talking deadlines, we're talking styles. Such as how bloody the zombies should be, and how shading will be used. It's a vision thing of which direction we want to go, as the movie's and minecraft's take on bloodiness is contradictory- minecraft has no blood whatsoever, and this movie has blood gushing everywhere. We're trying to make it so that the skins look like they came from one person, as much as possible.
Siren
Siren

Back to top Go down

Post  BatIgor Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:37 am

Well I'll just wait until someone (either you or Styx) will say that we are done with skinning. Then comes our time to party *puts on sunglasses*
BatIgor
BatIgor

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum